Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mothers Day




I'm sitting in my breakfast room at 8:00a.m. on Mother's day and listening to my two red birds Twidder and Twidde (Boy and Girl). They are trying to get me to come outside to the pool area so that I can see them sing. No, I am not crazy. Come over sometime and you can meet them. They are very social. What does this have to do with Mothers Day? I think it is being aware of your surroundings. Maybe to your inner self. Quiet...... Motherhood is so noisy. Kinda like the classroom. We have to stop the noise and smell the roses or here the birds. How often does this happen to you? I joined Facebook and I' m doubting my membership, it's just to noisy. I love blogging because it gives me a chance to think out my thoughts and feelings. So often as mothers or teachers we miss the little "I love yous" and miss the moments of tenderness our children speak to us. Thank you God for all the sounds, smells, and feelings we can receive from you through our children. Help us to hush the noise and feel the moments of your grace and love. I pray that the last few days of school I can listen and enjoy my students fleeting moments of joy.
In Your name Amen.

2 comments:

Sarah Martin said...

Mom,
How cute. Very true about noise. I feel that right now with Grayson and all his chitter chatter, squeals and many toys with batteries! But, this is a good noisy, you know? Love you!

marcia barr said...

Hi Iris,

I love your joyful blog. I feel privileged to witness your creativity first hand each and every day.
You are truly an original!!

marcia Ü