Sunday, June 14, 2009

SUMMER FUN


You'll think I'm crazy, but I hate Summer vacation.  As a teacher I am so busy then it stops.  Help what do I do now?  That's just how it seems the first week.  Next week I have four Technology workshops and one craft day.  I'm booked every week for something.  I must admit adult ADHD does not like confusion or change.  I like going to school everyday, knowing what I'm doing.  This mishmash schedule is a little unsettling.  Sometimes I want to tell everyone all about ADHD.  Summer is not cohesive to my disability.  Think about how your students who suffer from ADHD feel?  Is there a camp out there for us?  Maybe I should organize one or teach year round. That's a thought.  Through the years I have had to manage  on my own my attention to order and it's exhausting.
Hyperactivity is too.  I was diagnosed  over a year ago and have been receiving treatment ever since.  I'm not ashamed to admit it, because it has helped me so much.  I feel so much better and can think so much  clearer.  I feel sorry for the students out there or even teachers who suffer these disabilities and don't have help.  That's my prayer today, Lord let our souls rest in this time of summer,  let us learn to give our selves permission to just let go and smell the roses or irises.  In your name Amen.

2 comments:

All Time Fabulous said...

I'm so proud of you, Mimo! You go girl!

marcia said...

I'm proud of you too! ;)

Can't wait to hear what you thought of your workshops. I signed up for three.

Looking forward to craft day!!

marcia :)